Q. What kind of jobs are available?

A. Our participants can choose from a variety of jobs in a number of establishments, such as restaurants, hotels, fast food chains, supermarkets, shops, amusement parks, among others, located in different cities in the United States.


Q: Am I eligible for the program?

A. To participate in the Summer Work & Travel program from ITEX, you must be a university student be between 18 and 28 years old, fluent in English (spoken and written) have the availability to work for at least three months, enthusiastic, motivated and mature.


Q: If I apply with a friend or relative, can we work in the same place?


A. Yes, in ITEX the jobs are not assigned, the student is the one who chooses the place where they want to work. If friends or family members who are participating in the program choose the same place of employment they will share accommodation and would work for the same employer.


Q. How much does the program cost?

A. ITEX has five different packages and the cost varies according to the package you choose. Contact us and an ITEX representative will provide more details on this.


Q. How much will I earn?

A. Your salary may vary, depending on where you work and the type of work you do.


Q. How can I apply?

A. Completing an Application Form to begin the process; subsequently, an ITEX representative will contact you to provide more information having as a reference the Application Form indicated above.


Q. Can I get more than one job?

A. Yes, you as a participant in a program for travel may have two or more jobs. However, you must ensure that your second job does not conflict with the hours and work responsibilities of the job you left the Dominican Republic with.


Q. What can I do in my free time?

A. You are allowed to do what you want with your free time, as long as you don’t violate any US law and/or the rules of the program.



Q. How can I find a job in the US?


A. You will be able to choose a summer job from a list of available positions open at the time of your acceptance to participate in the program. ITEX will provide all necessary assistance in this regard, as well as if you decide to find your own job on your own.




Q. What types of jobs can I get?


A. The Work Travel Program provides jobs such as cashiers, kitchen staff, tourist workers, casino workers, lifeguards, help with sales, and more. Our host companies are hotels and resorts, casinos, ski resorts, national parks, amusement parks, shops, fast food restaurants, and more.




Q. How good does my English proficiency have to be?


R. To participate in the program of work and cultural exchange, your English proficiency must be at least at the intermediate level and be able to communicate comfortably on your own. Language plays an important role in the placement options in the jobs available.




Q. What is a J-1 Work Travel Visa?


A. A J-1 Work Travel visa allows you to visit the US and work for up to 4 months during your summer vacation from the university. It also has a grace period of 30 days from the expiration of your employment contract, which can be used to travel within the US and in recreational activities.




Q. Can I return to participate in the program again?


A. If you still meet the eligibility requirements for the ITEX Work and Travel Program, you can return for the next summer vacations.








создать сайт